Let it go or tell hubby?

Starting off...we don't have very many friends, just this small group of people that really only hang out on the weekends. Hubby and I have been having our issues and the group suddenly made it their issue since it started effecting the group (single female gamer trying to wrap her paws around my man and him ALMOST biting). They blamed hubby and claimed she and I were the innocent party since he was making puppy dog eyes at her for all her passes and blah blah... anyway, we're working things out and she's OUT of the picture...kinda (she gets custody of the group on Sundays).

Well, one of the guys who decided to get himself involved heard hubby's side and honestly, I thought since hubby and I are working on things and she's no longer in the mix of it...that things were already fine and dandy...he got drunk and started spouting off things about what he really thought of my hubby in all of this....most in French, but overall, thinks hubby is a "douche bag" and a few other choice words.

We don't have any other friends to hang out with, granted they're not really "friends," but our social circle is small. I don't keep things from hubby...and I'm biting my tongue. Would you tell your man how someone thinks of them or just bite the bullet and suck it up? I'm thinking to let it go...but if that's what the guy thinks of my hubby...and he's entitled to his opinion...but I don't know if that's going to cause any further drama. Let it go or tell hubby? Let it go? -Shrugs- Sorry...this is kinda bugging me.

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 7:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think that not having many friends is a good enough reason to keep certain ones around, but I also think that this guy probably just saw a good opportunity that you gave him to express his opinions (plus alcohol) and he went with it. For the sake of other friends I think we have all, at least once in our lives, have had to hang out with someone we didn't care too much for. I understand about not wanting to keep things from your husband, just know that if you choose to share this with him it may open a big can of worms.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:08 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Tell your hubby and move on to a new set of friends or no friends at all. It is better to have no friends than toxic ones.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:55 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• yes i would tell your hubby just to be on the safe side if your husband cares about you like you say he will understand
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Let me get this straight. You hang with a small group of people. One a single female. Her and your DH where getting a little to close for you. So you blamed to on her and banished her from the group. Or whatever she is to you two.
    If that is how it is. I side with some of your group. It is your DH's fault. This could not happen if your DH did not let it. You should be mad at him not her. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 8:09 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Fogot to answer part of the post. Tell your DH what the guy said. It might help.

Answer by louise2 at 8:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I can see how that would be hard but he has a right to know. If you don't he might find out anyway and that would just cause trust issues. If it does create drama at least it not because you lied (yes omission is STILL a lie) and maybe your friends or social group need to go...its not cool to get into other peoples business and even if he was interested the woman knew he was married and tried anyway. For your other "friends" to be OK with that...well karma's a B
    mamatobe1989

Answer by mamatobe1989 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Well, I told him and he accepted it. Most of the group will be moving sometime this year so until then, we're going to stick it out while trying to find another gaming group willing to take us and four kids in for the weekends. Hubby feels he'll be branded with such names will we move so he's not too concerned...just as long as we're working on things...which we are. -Sigh- Thanks for the input.
    Imortlmommy

Comment by Imortlmommy (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2011