who is

who is truely upset that OBAMA is president just becuz he is black

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• jodi205 I don't understand why you are being met with so much hostility. I didn't take your question to mean you were upset about his race.

I've seen many (mostly anonymous posts) right here on CM that refer to his race.  This week someone answered a question about him with, "It's never smart to vote for the black Muslim."

People don't usually admit it in the open, but many are pissed just because he's not white.  I live in the south and I hear little comments all the time.  My own MIL told me America's just not ready for a black president.  Obviously America has spoken, and we are ready.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 4:17 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• oh by the way no bashing just asking cuz im my local paper we have letters to the editor and people are pissed
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• This is a VERY ridiculous question! If there are people out there (and I'm sure there are) that are honestly upset because of his race, then they need to grow up, put their big girl panties on and get over it! The year is 2008 things are changing, and this one is a GREAT change!!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 11:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Some people are ignorant and racist idiots. Ignore them.

I for one could care less what he is =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• not ridiculous realistic
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Last time I checked, this was the year 2008. Would seem that Americans, since none of us here are "native" would have gotten past this crap by now, but, I guess not. What a shame.

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Well it's a very ignorant reason to be upset with who our new president is going to be. If you're upset it should be based on policies, how he's handled himself before, NOT BY THE COLOR OF HIS SKIN!!! Where are you from that people are writing to the editor of your local newspaper all pissed off?
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 11:20 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• He's black? Could've sworn he was bi-racial? Don't care if he's purple, as long as he does his job and does it WELL.
    Anonymous

• well annhenderson i agree i am from Pennsylvania
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Bi-racial equals black to most people! My son is mixed (I'm white and his dad is black) I call him mix, but my husband calls him black. Where in Pennsylvania big city or small town?
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 11:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2008