honest opinions on PS3?

My husband and R kids want one. Are they worth the money? Do they have educational games?

shivasgirl

Asked by shivasgirl at 8:21 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Technology

• We just got one. BUT we got it for the things it could do just as much as we got it for games. (maybe more than for the games, lol) It plays blu rays and dvd's. (and I was actually quite impressed with how fast it loads the blu rays, our other player is so slow) You can set it up to access your network. In other words, you can see and open the files on your computer with it, giving you the option to look at pictures, listen to music, watch videos you may have on your computer. You can also surf the internet with it. Watch youtube videos, stream netflix..... Yeah, I'm kinda in love, and that's not even taking the games into account. We only have one game so far, Sports champions. We got the "move" bundle (with the eye and the move remote). The game is super fun, and the move controller is impressively accurate. (much more than a wii controller) I myself say yes, it was totally worth the money.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:36 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• well i got my dh one for christmas and he accesses the internet on it mainly .. the i sensor is good for movement activites but i wouldnt say they are educational lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:14 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Dont know about educational lol. We have had one for a few years now and they like it. We use it also for the blu ray. We also have an Xbox 360 and now days they seem to enjoy that system more then the ps3.

Answer by gemgem at 8:44 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• We love our PS3. Not too many educational games, but my daughter's favorite game is the Little Big Planet. What we don't like about the PS3 is that they are not backwards compatible with PS2 games, which we have a ton of so we have to keep both systems hooked up.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:11 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Yes! They are totally worth the money. You can even download shows and movies off the internet and stream it directly from the computer onto the PS3. We download a lot of National Geographic for the kids, they love it.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2011