Do you think only a certain "kind" of mom belongs on Cafemom?

Do you believe a step mom with no children biologically of her own should be allowed on Cafemom? Do you believe someone who has no children at all should be on Cafemom? What are your views on this?

Couldn't they just keep it to themselves? No one would even know so why would anyone worry about it? If there's a problem, you just keep it to yourself, I say.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Some could even benefit from a non-mom perspective at times.

You forget why this site exists. If it were open to anyone, it would make all their advertising to sponsors as a site which will target market their products to mothers a lie. Do you really think that restriction is about who they want answering questions?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I have four children. My oldest two are not biologically mine. They are my stepsons. My (now ex) husband had gotten custody of them after we became engaged and he was granted custody of them after the courts finally realized the neglect their bio mother was putting them through. I was 20 years old, and did not have any children of my own. Their father's job took him away for days at a time. I WAS their only caretaker. I WAS their mother figure. I think it would have been nice to have a place like this where I could have come to ask questions, get advice, or even vent my frustrations back then. I raised those boys from the time they were 4 and 6. I move out when they were 15 and 17. They are now 21 and 23 and I still speak to them. They are my boys.
    I know some step moms are not much, but most are and we deserve recognition as such. Yes, step mom's should be allowed here
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Anyone who answers to Mom or is about to become Mom or is hoping to become a Mom should be here and welcomed with open arms because they need help also and have do have some insight themselves.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:30 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Doesn't a step mom have the same kinds of mommy issues the rest of us do, if not more? Having a child pass through your loins does not make you a mom, it's the caring, loving, giving-of-yourself that makes you a mom. I think anyone who is a mom is welcome here, be they birth, adoptive, step, grand or whatever.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:02 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• So here is my point of view on this, and I know some won't agree, but oh well. What about those women who are trying to become mothers? Shouldn't they have a right to the support and advice of those of us who are already mothers? I see cafemom as a place for all things mom, and that includes trying to conceive. I know a lot of great ladies here who aren't mommies yet, but have gotten fantastic support and made some good friends on their journey to becoming moms. We've mourned with them, celebrated with them, been happy and sad for them, and I think they have every right to be here too. I'm sure that most of them are very grateful for the support and friendship that they've gotten.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:27 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Anyone with children should be here.

Answer by older at 8:23 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Agreed with oldermom.. anyone who answers to Mom or is playing the role of Mom is deserving of being here. Even women without children who are so desperately trying to conceive their little miracle should be welcome here also.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:33 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I think anyone that in any facet is a Mom or is trying to become a Mom should be allowed on her. For any others there is plenty of other sites for them to network and socialize.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:53 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I think anyone who has an interest should be here. I'm a grandma, my kids are grown, but I came here when I was helping my son raise his daughter, and I still have her quite a bit, so it's been a help, in a lot of ways. I think women who are step-moms, or intending to be moms can also gain a lot of information here. All should be welcome. I do like that it's women only.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:51 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Forgot to say adoptive moms, foster moms, aunts, grandmothers or any woman raising a child or planning to.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:27 AM on Jan. 30, 2011