Do you ever send or receive friend invites, only to not really communicate with your friends?

I would love to make some friends on here, but it seems to me that a lot of people don't really talk at all. We all have kids and we are busy, but sometimes I want more than to just ask and answer questions. We do have lives and we can't always sit around chit-chatting, but I think it would be nice to actually make some real friends on here.

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 8:42 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in About CafeMom

• yup all the time
    upsets me more when I know the person, Why add me if your not gonna talk? I'm learning thats normal nowadays. I have no idea why.

With people I don't know I get concerned about sharing too much and how much do I REALLLY know about this person, so I'll tend to clam up until I know em more.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:48 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I agree :)
    HappyGirl44

Answer by HappyGirl44 at 8:49 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• yes, its annoying because if they are too busy talking to someone else, they only give you a few words. i dont quite like chattting much myself but i will talk if someone wants to talk but dont try chatting if you dont have much to say to me is what i think
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I was on facbook for about 2 months and I noticed that most of my "friends" were people that I already knew and even then they really didn't want to talk much, or they only had a few words to say. I am lookig to have an actually social life, not just sit on the computer browsing the web.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Jan. 30, 2011