This flu/cold going around the whole nation is terrible

My 2 yr old was throwing up 2 nights ago. Now my 1 yr old has the diarhea ... better than throwing up!! But this is just all over the place.
Makes me wonder who got the flu shot and has still had this go through their home.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 8:44 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Health

• I know what you mean. My kiddos, as well as my husband and I, have been taking turns with this for weeks now! One gets over it, and it travels to the next person. I was going to drop my son off at daycare the other day so that I could go to my doctor's appt and there was a child there with the nastiest cough and green snot running down his nose!! I decided to reschedule my appt instead because that is how it ALL starts!!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:50 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• The flu shot is not effective against a gastro-intestinal virus.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Is that the flu or stomach flu? There isnt a shot for the stomach one. Regular flu sucks too. I know when mine got it it was so terrible, but the good news for us was they never caught it again.

Answer by gemgem at 8:45 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• We had the horrible stomach virus a couple of months ago, absolutely NO fun, lots of puking and diarrhea. We did get our flu shots, but that is for influenza - high fever, coughing, sore throat, body aches and pains, chills, fatigue - not the stomach "flu" which is basically a virus that affects the lower intestines causing fever, vomiting and diarrhea.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• ??? We don't have anything going around. The flu hasn't even hit our area, according to the CDC. My kids & I have been unusually healthy this winter, so far. No flu shots here either - they don't do anything for the viral throwing up crap.
    Anonymous

• my son woke up yesterday morning throwing up and diahrea..it only lasted a few hours..he felt fine..he just couldnt hold any thing in. he was fine last night though and is fine today. it was weird..probably just one of those 24 hour bugs
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:08 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Nobody sick here, thank God! Get well soon!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:18 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• That is the stomach flu and isn't really a flu and has nothing to do with the flu shot. Since you asked though we don't do flu shots and have yet to get this though everyone around us is.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2011