Does o body NOT know what causes extra fluid to be around an ovary!? adult content

asked this Q last night no one seems to know so ill ask it again.. if u dont know please bump this question!!!

last night went to the ER with stabbing pains in my R ovary region. they did every test under the sun, ruled out my apendix, and said that there was so extra fluid around my R ovary that was cuaseing my discomfort. but he didnt think it was a cyst that ruptured...
then how did the extra fluid get there?!
i really couldnt hear him talk b/c my kids were screaming, and he didnt prescribe me anything but motrin.so i cant be anything too serious...

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 9:44 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Health

• YES! I was in the ER several times and it was pretty useless. I went to an OB who specializes in this sort of stuff. She found it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• U got a written report right? I would bring it to your doctor and have it explained.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:50 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• but the written report just said generic pelvic pain. wasnt specific or anything. . .
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Free fluid in the uterus and ovaries usually means you have a cyst that ruptured. Just because they didn't see a ruptured cyst doesn't mean you don't have them. They always found free fluid on my ultrasounds and never saw cysts. BUT they went in and did surgery and my left ovary was 4 to 5 times the size of my right due to cysts. Colon gas makes it hard to get a clear view of the ovaries sometimes.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• thats what i thought-
    i recently had another ruptured cyst on y left one and during the CT they said they couldnt confirm or deny that there was any more in there. and now a month later i have to go back to the ER for the other ovary...
    should i make an apt with my gyno?
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Jan. 30, 2011