potty training?

does anyone has any tips for potty training? my dd is 2 1/2 she wants to use the potty but has a hard time holding it until she can get to the potty.

emilynblakesmom

Asked by emilynblakesmom at 9:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I actually used a kitchen timer for the first few weeks and would set it for every 15 min and have y LO sit for 5 min. The better she got the more I backed the timer up and eventually I was taking her every 45-60 min and she was peeing when we would go. This worked for us. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I'm still working with my son whos the same age and it helps if we let him go naked and leave the potty in the living room so he can easily get there
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Start off by just asking her every so often if she has to pee. Eventually she will realize when she has to pee before she has to REALLY REALLY Go. :)
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• getting timing right takes consistancy and patience...from both parties! Sounds like she's off to a good start! At least she's trying! Watch for her signs. If she has a drink and seems to start to pee 15 mins or so afterwards, next time she has a drink take her to the potty around that time....know what I mean? Also make sure you take her to the bathroom before you leave the house and while you are out. Even if she doesnt have to go, her sitting on the toilet should be praised! Get her some potty dvd's and books! My son loves the pull ups video (free btw) because older kids are the teachers and there is fun games, songs and animation
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2011