When will it stop! Should I press charges?(Crazy lady, calls cops again!)

My mentally unstable neighbor calls the police on me all the time claiming I leave my chiuaua mix outside for hours(which is a lie). She doesn't like his protesting when he goes out, that's all. So anyway, yesterday my dh let him out, 20 minutes later the cops are at my door again. My neighbor is standing there with the dog in her coat. She actually snuck in my yard, took my dog off the tie down and brought it to her house to call the cops. I say enough is enough, and I think I want her sited for trespassing. I feel like I have no rights. I actually had to call the police this summer to have her removed from my yard because she refused to leave and was screaming at us for building a shed. The police agree that she is being rediculous and wasting their time, but they don't do anything. She admitted to taking my dog right in front of him!! They did nothing! The cop cars bring negative attention to my home. I'm sick of the lies. And I can't help but feel spied on all the time, because our shed blocks her off so she's obviously creepin...

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Pets

• Did you try calling social services for the elderly? Put up the no trespassing signs and put a lock on your gate so she can't get in.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 10:13 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• We aren't allowed to have fences. It's against the rules. Yes, nothing though.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Does she have family you can try to talk to? She needs help.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 10:16 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Her family is just as nuts as she is. They hardly see her unless they are dumping off stuff they don't want at there house in her driveway.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• video tape her

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• record what she is doing and file a restraining order it sounds like she is esculating harsh but if no one can do anything maybe with some paper she can get some help and you can get some peace.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Honestly, post no trespassing signs and every time she ventures over into your yard, call the cops. I would also put a motion detector light on your shed on her side, that way when she starts sneaking around she's in the spotlight. Maybe add a security camera there as well.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:35 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• record her and press charges. file a restraining order against her with the videos
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I just can't believe the cop didn't tell her she can't take people's dogs out of their yard! She even admitted to doing so! She's been removed from my property before.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It sounds like she is one of those ladies that the cops try to over look, whether it's because they know she's mentally ill or not. That does not excuse her behavior. My best advice is to post a no trespassing sign, and start filing charges on her for trespassing...I'm not sure what else you could do, other than talk to an attorney and see what your options are. Good Luck hon, I can't imagine what it would be like to live like that, and kudos to you for not going postal on her.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 30, 2011