after tubes question....

my son just ha tubes put in 6days ago and today he woke up with fever of 100 and hes getting sick not like normal its like almost snot looking or muccus.......but he is kinda acting funny like just wanting to sleep even when you try to wake him up by moving him hes just wanting to sleep....is this normal? did anyone else go thro this? also he will be 2 in march thank you!

Mommmy_To_3

Asked by Mommmy_To_3 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My youngest has had 5 sets of tubes. By getting sick do you mean vomiting mucus/snot? My yougest does that when the drainage is too much(since it drains down the throat into the belly) That's his body's way of getting it out.

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:35 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• yes he is throwing up.....he has already thrown up 6-8 times now and hes only been up fo 2 1/2 hrs and now hes asleep again....
    Mommmy_To_3

Comment by Mommmy_To_3 (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It really sound to me like he's got a nasty bug. I have 4 boys and they are all the time coming down with something. Fevers are the body's way to fight off whatever is going on. We don't treat fevers unless the kids are really miserable or in pain. Sleeping is good but make sure he gets lots of fluids. Depending on the amount of drainage, the vomiting could last awhile. Try treating the fever and keep him drinking. If it last for more than a 24 hours(as the same severity) then give the Dr. a call. It may lessen on it's own.

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:44 AM on Jan. 30, 2011