PP question...

So I just delivered my Son about 12 days ago....my hormones are SO out of wack. How long did it take for your hormones to settle back to normal? I'm just SO snappy and easily upset....My daughter is 3 1/2 and she has been acting out really really bad since we brought baby home so that really doesn't help. I can tell that my husband is annoyed with how bad my hormones are but he doesn't really say much. I feel like I'm going to have a break down!! help!

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It can take a few weeks. Call your doctor for help if it goes on too much longer. As far as your daughter is concerned...........Give her plenty of one on one time with you and your SO. Make it all about her for awhile. That is some of the best advice I ever got. Take her to lunch and say she can go because she is a big girl and babies can't do that. Plus other such things. It worked wonders for our oldest. Make sure she knows you still love her and she is not being replaced. Plus make her your helper like getting diapers or wipes for you and simple things she can feel grownup about. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:03 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It takes a while for your body to recover from child birth. Usually after you have a few periods things start to settle down. (At least for me anyway). You might want to talk to your dr. because you surely don't want to develop PPD if things are left untreated. Try to drink lots of water and continue to take a vitamin to make sure your body is getting the nourishment it needs. My 5 yr old is having behavior issues alos ever since my son was born 4 months ago. Its a big adjustment for her. Try to involve your daughter in the care of the baby. Love her through it and make special time for her like the pp said.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:19 AM on Jan. 31, 2011