Would you keep going to a playgroup if the mothers weren't so friendly? My son is 15 months & seems to have a good time but all the toys are old ,no batteries, and there's no other mommy & me program around here

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't stay. A playgroup is for your child as much as it is for you. If you're not comfortable or having a good time your child will pick up on that. Why put yourself or your child through that? Playgroup should be a fun happy time....start your own Mom : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Start your own playgroup with some Cafe Moms.

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I used to go to a group where everyone was nice enough, but I am just from a very different world. I couldn't relate to any of them. I was always uncomfortable and never had much to add to the conversation. So I stopped going.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• That's how I feel , I just feel bad for my daughter if I stop going that she won't have anyone her age to play with....I read on here once that making friends with other moms isnt so easy & it's so true & I'm very friendly too : )
    Anonymous

• Eh, I know what you mean about feeling guilty. When my son hears other kids he gets so excited and wants to go play with them. Are there any music or gym classes for toddlers in your area? What about a YMCA or the public library? That might be a good way to meet other moms.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2008