need help planning different meals in a house full of picky eaters!!

I'm tired of cooking and eating the same things! But me and SO are picky eaters and we both have a long list of stuff we won't eat! He doesn't do many veggies.....and I hate all sauces, soups/anything liquid lol. I also only eat chicken and fish. He doesn't eat pasta, rice, beans! Am I doomed to make a 5 course meal to please everybody?? Our meals usually consist of chicken, mac n chz for him, a veggie the kids like, broccoli for him, and either rice or potatoes which he hardly eats. Other things I don't eat and don't use are tomatoes and their products, and cucumbers! Plz help!

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Food & Drink

• jeeze...I make one meal...My SO is picky and he cooks for himself. My kids eat what I give them....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I make one meal and everyone (including my husband) eats what I make or fixes themself a peanut butter sandwich. But I have few meals that everyone will eat - ravioli (some eat it with sauce, some without), bbq chicken/pork in the crockpot, breakfast, and pizza.

Answer by missanc at 11:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I agree with pp. I fix one meal, if they don't like it they fix themselves a sandwich. i also have some picky eaters. there is not enough time in the day though to try to cook and please everyone.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It sounds like you need to learn to eat a wider variety of foods to set a great example for your child/children.

I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• You and your hubby need to expand your horizons. This is not a good example for your kids. My kids and I will eat anything I make, and my husband who WAS picky when we dot together learned to eat what I cook or starve! Now he is a budding foodie! If you are having trouble with veggies, I suggest the Farmers Market. You wont believe how good veggies are when they are allowed to ripen before being picked
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i always tell my picky eater kids that my kitchen isn't a grocery store nor a restuarant, lol if they don't start eating what i make, guess what... they get leftovers!!!!!
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 1:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2011