soap making tips?

ok- i'm nuts! we're making soap for christmas presents this year. just your basic melt and pour. i've got the supplies- base, scents, colors and molds. any tips or hints? things i should be careful about? thanks mommas!

LeahJ

Asked by LeahJ at 11:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• don't get it too hot or it will melt your molds :)

put in the refrigerator or freezer to cool, this will help them release from the mold easier as it will shrink it just a fraction enough to get it out easier.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Don't be afraid to add a special touch to your soaps. When I do melt and pours, I like to add a little honey to the base to give it a little extra moisturizing quality. Have fun!
    TMMommie78

Answer by TMMommie78 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I'll have to try that tip TMMommie78.

powdered milk is also a good additive for moisturizing.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:39 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• And I'll have to try milk too, flutterfae! I wasn't sure if you could add it as is, or if you had to mix it with water 1st...
    TMMommie78

Answer by TMMommie78 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• as is. :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 7:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2008