Now it's both breast...I need any suggestions what you think it could be!

I have the Mirena in and I do NOT breastfeed. Just a couple days ago my left breast started to hurt and it became inflamed, red spot, and just plain hurts, all the signs of a clog milk duct. Today, my right breast started to hurt and began to act like the left one did a couple of days ago. Any suggestions what it could be. I know Mirena causes breast tenderness but this is ridiculous and I google my symptoms and nothing really came up except pregnancy or pre menapousal. (I'm 25)

Babyduche

Asked by Babyduche at 7:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Health

• I would call your doctor. I haven't ever had this issue so I don't know what else to suggest.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I have had this issues. If you get it in both breasts, you need to see your OB. I had to have a consult with a surgeon for it to be relieved. IF you have a fever-- it is breast mastatsis. There are antibiotics to clear up the infection. Don't let it get that far thou-- cuz ifyou are red and hard then it means there is already an infection. The doctor can try to relieve the pressure but you have to be on antibiotics for 24 hours. If you wait too long (as I did) your breast milk production can be very low to cease.
    tazzygurl611

Answer by tazzygurl611 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2008