Homeschooling

I wonder what kind of online programs there are for homeschooling. What do you use? What programs have you tried and liked? Which ones did you try and not like?

Alanaplus3

Asked by Alanaplus3 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• You might can check and see if there are any homeschooling groups in here! I'm sure there are :o) You would probably get a wealth of information in there!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 11:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Join Happy Homeschoolers! :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Yes, join the Happy Homeschoolers group on here, they have a ton of info!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• You can purchase complete curriculum from companies, both religious and secular. Personally, I'm not a fan of using "canned" curriculum and prefer to put together a mix of text books, teaching resources and lots of library books. I also use oodles of internet resources, there are so many great free resources out there. My daughters love the interactive units at http://www.thesimplehomeschool.com/ as well.  It's not free, but they are very good.  If you have younger kids http://www.learningpage.com/ has awesome worksheets, lesson plans and ideas and it's all free.  If you want some more resources, just message me with your kids ages. (c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I plan on homeschooling my baby when he gets old enough. I just know that when you go to enroll your child in school, you specify that you want them to be homeschooled. They update the online courses they offer frequently, you should definitely talk to some experience moms on the homeschooling forum :)
    ChelseATX

Answer by ChelseATX at 3:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I heard PA cyber school is better than Virtue 12 i think its called. I heard Agora is excellent charter school. it's expensive. $3,000 per student per year.
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 4:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2011