DO you get along with your husbands family? DOes your husband get along with your family?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 12:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I get along with my husband's family but my husband is cordial with mine. Mine likes to cause drama so we try to stay away from all of it.
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 12:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I get along with his. He hadn't really met any of my family, except my mom and my brother (only twice). We don't communicate with my family anymore though, so my side is irrelevant.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Neither one of us get along with the others family unfortunately. We pretty much just tolerate them for the other. My family likes to cause drama and so does his and neither of them get along with each other. Family reunion's are a blast.
    Luna_Bell

Answer by Luna_Bell at 12:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My husband gets along with my family, GREAT. I however to NOT get along with his family at all, and they are no longer involved in our lives.
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• ihave actually lived with my inlaws for several months while we were moving from state to state. it was great! my MIL will pop over and tell me she takeing all (4) boys for the weekend! and is always there when we need something! my mom is close, we see her about every 2 mos, so DH and her get along great that way! as long as she is not trying to sneak a bite of his dinner! LOL!! my dad has only met my DH once in 11 years, so not sure there.
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 12:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I get along great with my Husband's side of the Family, and He also gets along great with the few people I speak to on my side of the Family.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• oh yes. our families have adopted each other. i used to have 2 older sisters, now i have 5 younger sisters too. i love it
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I tried to get along with my ex's family... but we just clashed. His mom was nosey, his dad was an alcoholic, and his sister was a huge b****! They were nice overall...but the little things got to me. Ultimately they were part of the reason we didn't work out.
    My ex still gets along with my family, though. Probably mostly for my son's sake, but no complaints here.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• yes and yes
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Absolutely! Our families' happen to know each other very well as one of my brother's was in school with my DH. Our parents get along. It comes in handy for many a thing. I know it will def come in handy once our baby arrives as she'll be babysat at either of their houses. Also they happen to live only a few blocks from each other as well. I feel very lucky. I know that not everyone has it so easy.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 12:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2011