Managing time...school, kids, and home.

How do you manage your time? I have 4 kids under 4 and I feel that it's very important that I give them my undivided attention until they are asleep. The only time I'm away from them is class, 2x a week for 6 hours. By the time the 3 oldest go to sleep its about 7:30-8pm, with the youngest still awake. After that I have homework, taking care of the baby til he falls asleep and all the housework to do. It's too late to drop classes or i'll lose my financial aid for good.
I feel so behind with everything and day in and day out I hardly have any downtime. On top of all of this I may be needing to get a job. I feel so overwhelmed.
Is anyone in the same situation? How do you cope with the demands of life?
HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• How do I manage my time?? By realizing that it is not realistic to give my children my undivided attention 100% of the time they are awake. Sometimes you have to leave them to entertain themselves while you unload the dishwasher, dust the shelves, change out laundry etc. And as they grow older, TEACH them to do the dishes, do the laundry, dust, sweep, etc.
    You take time for yourself. You have to, or you WILL go crazy.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I do not give my dd my undivided attention 100% of the time impossible. i study when she is napping or even at night time after all are asleep and then doing errands while they are napping or when she is watching tv. alot of times she helps me pick upt stuff or i do it while she is playing in the room. a little bit everyday. and if you don;t get to something one day do not worry do not stress just do it the next day. it will get done. and you have to take time for youself. i usually watch some tv or go out for lunch with a friend. but i also spend time at school to study and do research with no distraction. a little different with only one but that is how i do it. and ofcourse a great support system.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011