Curious: Anyone else shy??

I am! I was REALLY shy in elementary school, but it got better as I got older. Now I'm still pretty shy, but I've learned to work around it. I usually work in retail (currently looking for a job) and I've learned to fake it at work. I make friends pretty easily when I work too. But outside of work is a whole other story. I have one friend, and I stick to it. I don't go do laundry if I hear anyone in the laundry room (we live in an apartment), I don't even like to see facebook friends I've known for years in real life. I don't know, I guess I just feel awkward or something! And then there's the idea of dating...I'm 22 and I don't even know how I would go about it!
Anyone else shy?

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• You sound just like me. Lol! I felt like I could've wrote this post!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I'm right there with you. I'm the same way. My husband laughs at me because I could see someone I know in a store and I walk the other way. You have to just either embrace it or vow to change it. I did a little of both.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It may not be shyness. It could be more of a sociophobia thing and yes I am very much like that.
    Anonymous

• Me too! I wish I was different and I could make changes to be better about. It seems as I've had kids I've gotten shyer(is that a word? lol) I used to by really shy when younger and after HS I really improved and it's like i've back tracked since having kids. :( :) lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I use to be and still am really shy.. I have learned to push myself into doing things I don't feel comfortable doing.
    Back when I was single. I would let the guy make the first move.

Answer by louise2 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I backtracked after I had my son too. Became a complete shut-in during pregnancy and for months afterward. I don't know if it's because I had gained so much weight or because I wasn't completely comfortable with being pregnant... but it wasn't fun!
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• this is me! except i'm still trying to learn how to fake it for work.
    kittymeri

Answer by kittymeri at 12:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• There are always days where I have a hard time faking it, and I'd just want to go hide in the back where customers couldn't talk to me. Mostly I couldn't explain those days...I just felt anti-social! Usually it's not hard. I just had to go to work in a good mood and hope the day would be good.
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Yes I am shy also. But as I got older I have gotten better. I still hate social events where I know there are going to be alot of people. I'm attractive but I try not to draw attention to myself. But when I go out with my husband he likes to buy me things that tend to make that hard to do. And most of the time when I go somewhere I am not the one to strike up conversation. My husband is the opposite so it balances out for us. Sometimes I think my shyness comes off as kinda stuck up. Which is so not the case. But when people get to know me they learn I am the most down to earth, funny, cool and honest person ever, I am very likeable.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It's the worst when your shyness comes off as stuck up. LOTS of people have just thought I was being a bitch, when really I was scared!
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2011