What blood tests should be ran to check why I keep getting low blood pressure?

I've been getting low blood pressure for months and it is really starting to affect me mentally, and my vision..at times I have a hard time reading, talking and understanding things..

It usually doesnt show up in the office, because I just walked in.. but it always shows up at least 15-20 mins of laying down. it drops as low as 80/48 . I'm not pregnant. I did have an aldosterone test that I should have the results of monday. What other tests can tell why my bp keeps dropping? (before it was always on the higher side )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Health

• It's honestly hard to ask them to test for one condition. There are thousands of things that can cause low BP. It's aggraviating because it truly is a trial and error type of diagnosis. They attempt to treat it one way, if that doesn't work they rule out that condition and try something else.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I have low blood pressure too! The first time it was ever brought to my attention, I was at my then-boyfriend's place. We had a hot shower together and at the end I started to feel dizzy. When we got out, I wrapped my towel around myself, and just stood there. He asked what was wrong, and next thing I knew, I was on the floor. It took a few months for my doctor to tell me I had low blood pressure - I didn't go see him after that incident, I went to a walk-in where I was told I had fluid in my ears. But nope, it's low blood pressure.
    As far as I know, there's not much that can be done about it. There are meds they can give you, but my doctor told me they don't like to, because low blood pressure really is a good thing. There's not really a reason for it either...some people just have it, same as some with high blood pressure.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• You really need to go to the doctor and tell them how you are feeling. The doctor will start running test to rule out things.
    I hope you are eating in the morning. Eating right.
    Go to webmd.com

Answer by louise2 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Low blood pressure is a good thing until it starts affecting you the way it is now. Talk with you doctor, and it actually might have something to do with your blood sugar too. I would have that looked out.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• have they checked out your heart?
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 1:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• You can't really tell a doctor what to test on you, but you can express how you feel after laying down. .and maybe he will let you lay for 15 minutes. Have you had your blood sugar tested?
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 7:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2011