Why is it i cannot get any peace and quiet today? Venting and need suggestions

my daughter has strep throat and is feeling better but she is arguing with her sister about books she is recommending for her for her reading log. and then they argued over throwing a popcorn bag away. i feel like i need a nice quiet day out and cannot because no car:(. my father in law may not be back for hours before i can go to the store. I cannot wait for school tomorrow doctor says she will no longer be contagious and can go back to school yay. but now there is susposed to be a storm brewing and it may be bringing a major ice storm to Indiana and other places along with snow. I am trying to find things to keep them busy and out of each other way if this happens. Any ideas?

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• I dont know how old they are but i assume since they are in school and have reading logs they are old enough to understand when you tell them something. First explain to them that you need a break, that everyone needs a break and that you would appreciate if they gave you that. If you tell them they might actually understand and listen. Next, set up a project for them to do together, combine their hobbies and find stuff around the house and say create this and work together and come back to me when its done and show me cuz id love to see it, thatll give you a few hours to yourself at least and make them busy and work together. It could be making a scrapbook together, it could be a science project, it could "decorating their room with things that can come off lol" its your imagination and theirs and use that to your ability lol. They might actually enjoy it.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 1:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I live in coatsville indiana and my middle girl has been sick with some bug. as for keeping them busy maybe get them to watch a movie, craft, coloring books cause games might lead to more fights. If hold enough take a shower and walk away for a moment of peace for yourself. also for us it might be a long week with no schools I try to keep a box of cheap stuff from target or dollar store with new stuff like fun pads, play doh, new books, coloring books, constation maker and stickers cause sometimes something new can keep them busy for awhile.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2011