When would you start to worry?

As far as feeling the baby move...When you start to wonder. I am 18 weeks and have yet to feel the baby move. I am a bit paranoid because I have yet to hear the babies heart beat so I have been waiting for little movements and nothing. So I was wondering when other would start to get alarmed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 18 weeks is a bit early to feel any distinct movements. Maybe some quickening, but baby is still very small. Sometimes baby just isn't positioned in the right place either. I didn't feel my last one until 22 weeks.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Yea 18 weeks is sorta early, i felt my baby move at 19 in a half weeks. As for the heart beat, perhaps you should ask your OBGYN to let you hear the baby's heartbeat?
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 1:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• As others have said, I wouldnt worry too much. As for the heartbeat, why haven't you heard it? Hasn't your ob checked the heartbeat at all your appointments? ( just curious, it's so strange how different obs do things differently)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Don't worry. I was also worried at that stage. My doctor told me 20 weeks was average. And sure enough at 20 weeks I felt my daughter. Some people feel it earlier and some don't.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• As for movement, everyone is different,, and I wouldn't worry.
    But, why haven't you heard a heart beat? I heard it at every appointment, starting at 9 weeks. I would be more worried about that.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• 18 weeks is really to early. I was around 20-22 weeks on both my pregnancies. You can rent hospital grade dopplers by the month off the internet. I did, and it really easies your mind. The ones you buy at walmart are not worth your money.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 7:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2011