PISSED OFF......

So my in laws keep asking me "so after Mary's (my sister in law) wedding in May are you two planning on starting a family?" Its making me VERY pist off that every birthday party, get together or family gathering-----people on HIS side of the family ASSUME that we're planning OUR life around the little princess' wedding. I mean I think its rude to just think that god forbid I would be pregnant for her wedding.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• (CONTINUED FROM POSTER)

Even my mother in law passed a comment to my husband because I had a stomach virus last month and she calls him saying "omg Iyou don't think shes pregnant do you??!" as if it would be this tragic thing. No one knows that we started ttc this month and I want to have my first child before I am 30 (I turn 29 in December), so I refuse to stop my life and our plans for my husband's sister's wedding. I just think its rude and selfish to keep making it a point that we should get a permission slip from his side of the family to have our first child! GRRRR Doesnt this seem out of line?????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• no it doesnt, they seem to just be having some fun with it or comparing when you could get started on a fmaily after a major date
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• When I told my best friend I was pregnant she said uhhh what? Not now! How can you do this to me!? Her wedding was set to happen when my son would be 6 months old and she still had that reaction. I was supposed to be her maid of honor as she was mine but I wasn't even in the wedding party after that. We have never been the same.
    I feel your Bridezilla pain, I think they are totally nuts and out of line
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Some people get nuts about weddings like that, it's so rude! My sister-in-law was eight months pregnant at our wedding. I asked her to be a bridesmaid when she was six months. it worked out fine! Better than fine, great!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:00 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• That's weird, tell them your preggers just to mess with them. But don't tell them until after the wedding that you're joking. HA!
    Mrs.Corona1

Answer by Mrs.Corona1 at 1:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I am a spiteful person if I were you I would make sure I got pregnant before her wedding hell my sister is considered the little princess and I had my daughter 2 1/2 weeks before her birthday
    SabinaG

Answer by SabinaG at 1:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• (POSTER)

Its so annoying that everyone ASSUMES we're gonna wait. My husband and I are both in the wedding but I can't believe that she'd kick me out because I'd be having her NIECE or NEPHEW!!! Thats just selfish to me. Shes the little princess, and her engagement party was the size OF MY wedding. Even her cousins were commenting on how nuts it was. She registered for her engagement party LOL. I never even heard of that. Its just beyond rediculous and my husband and I are TTC right now, not for spite----its because I want a child before I am 30 and he is 32. We've been married over a year and its just time. I think that there is ALWAYS going to be something, so why would I revolve MY life around someone elses? She didn't go "omg I can't marry you my sister in law and brother might want to start their family soon."

.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• (POSTER)

Please. I think its just RUDE. If there's that big a problem I'll bail out of the wedding myself (but then I run into my husband being crushed). So I am hoping that I can be preg by Christmas and just drop the bomb then. I'd only be like 5/6 months by then. I honestly don't see how that would "ruin" anything
    Anonymous

• I think it's rude as well! My friend told me she was pregnant the day before we had to order her dress.... shocking, but no big deal! We just ordered her dress in the biggest size it would come and let her have it altered to fit her (she was 6 months preggo at the wedding). Who cares!!! She still looked amazing! She's my good friend and I would want her up there even if she shaved her head and lost limbs! People can be so self centered!!!
    lamr

Answer by lamr at 1:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2008