does your husband treat you this way when things break?

My kitchen sink is leaking and my storm door is broken. My husband is sulking in the bedroom,and won't talk to me. He says its my problem bc this isn't his house. What should I do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• No. My husband isn't an asshole. And he has no problem fixing anything.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Call a fix-it guy, then pay with your husbands credit card....oh but make sure he's home when the handyman comes over, so he'll be embarrassed. Bet he'll fix it next time.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• As always, I will only speak for myself/my husband/our marriage.

First. No, my husband does not treat me that way or behave in that manner. My husband is a 49 year old man, not a "man-child" that handles problems like sulking teenager.

Next. If there were things in my home that needed to be fixed, and my husband did not fix them. I would fix them. I would not wait for a pouting man child to do those things for me. I would do them myself.. That's me though.

Also. Our home is "OUR" home, not mine, not his. It's our's. Therefore everything that revolves around the home is "our" responsibility and is taken care of by both of us.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• not his house? like a rental? or like his name isn't on the mortgage?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I would get it fix by someone else and remind him he is paying for it.

Answer by older at 2:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I would tell him sense he can not fix things around the house. I can not give up some sex either.

And I would spend his money to get someone in to fix it all.

Answer by louise2 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Is he paying his share of the rent?
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 2:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It makes me feel so bad when he does this. When things go wrong then its not his house. We don't even share a bank acct so he could care less
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I would not fix it myself. Good grief. I'd do exactly as DMac08 suggested only your husband most likely wouldn't be embarrassed at all if he's home when the fix it guy comes over. Yesh. I'm sorry your husband is like that.
    etown2reds

Answer by etown2reds at 2:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It's payed off already and his name is not on mortgage and he doesn't want it to be
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2011