Facebook question...

Anyone ever get "reprimanded" on their own page by someone who disagrees with your status or didn't think something that was obviously intended to be funny or sarcastic, was? How did/would you react?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Oh Yes. I have quite a few family members on my page who often try to scold me for something that I've said.
    A couple members of DH's family scolded me multiple times (one being a barely legal teenager) for cursing on my status updates. Telling that it was innapropriate and I shouldn't do it. I told them that I will express myself in ways that I see fit. That I'm not going to dance around everyone else just in hopes of not offending someone. That's a horrid way to live. The teen deleted me after he found out I don't share his religious views, which all came about the same time as him scolding me for my cursing.

Then I've had others reprimand me, yell at me, and get testy with me over political views. I just tell them that they don't have to agree with me, but I'm going to post what I believe since it is MY facebook. They backed off.

THEN ... there've been other things.. Yea it's not always great having family on FB.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I actually got reprimanded last night by my mother for some a status that my husband and I were getting... "Playful" on. I'm a 30 year old woman ya know... and we were just kidding around with some adult humor (should say.. that on a friends page the same kidding around was going on... no issue but my mom couldn't see that).

I felt so bad when she reprimanded me that I deleted the entire post.

Which is always what I tend to do when something like that goes down on FB. I just delete my posts if they offend someone even if the post was not offensive.

But I'm anticonfrontational.
    Randomosity2

Answer by Randomosity2 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• No, but I don't put stuff like that on my page. I just don't want to be that 'in touch with my emotions' that much I guess.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Always by my mother! I just delete the comment!
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 3:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Not yet, but if it happens I'll probably ignore it.
    HappyGirl44

Answer by HappyGirl44 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• What I had written was a joke, or rather a sarcastic quip. No cussing, no religion, no sex.....this lady (friend of my mother) chastized my status on MY page...and for an inkling of a moment, I thought about deleting it because I had obviously offended her. But then I thought, "this is MY page....this is who I am", and wrote, "those who know me, understand my humor". I didn't have to delete anything, because my friends jumped on her like a rabid dog (through the cyberwaves, of course). And I don't mean just one. At least a half dozen backed me up, so I doubt she'll address me in such a manner in a public forum. Thanks you ladies. You're the best!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i know how you feel it is hard to write on facebook that your not going to make someone mad about. i try to think would i want God to read this if he was here cause there lot on my facebook page that is in my youth group at church i am 30 still worry about what i am saying that is going to hurt someone good luck.
    CarlaJean99

Answer by CarlaJean99 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• When I used to be on the site, no. Unless you count getting bitched at for being too "positive and happy"..ugh. Some people.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2011