Is it wrong of me?

Im currently pregnant expecting my first boy. My DH has two older kids (Adults) from a previous marriage. We have two little girls and I wanted to name my son after my husband. His son wasnt name after him due to religious reasons on his exwife's side. My SS get upset because i brought the name up. Is it wrong of me to want to name my child after my dh?

morenarfr05

Asked by morenarfr05 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Baby Names

• I think that it should be a decision between you and DH. Not SS. What you name the baby isn't a family decision.

Since SS is upset about it, you should have DH explain why he isn't named after DH.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Not at all! I would think he would be pleased.

Answer by older at 2:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I don't think it's wrong.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It's not wrong at all.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I do not see any reason why that would have any wrong to it. To name your child after someone (be it their father, a dear relative, your father... etc)... is a tremendous honor to THAT person....

Originally I was going to name my son after my father (James)... until we had a falling out with my family and so then I chose Jacob (until a coworker told me she was naming her son that--funny--it was the same middle name too that I was going to use --Anthony).

But anyways, I ended up naming my son Joshua Alexander.

But I know my father would have been truly honored if things hadn't gone down the way they did and my son had ended up with the name James.

SO I'm not understanding why anyone would be upset over this....and ultimately... it's your decision what you name your child... *hugs*
    Randomosity2

Answer by Randomosity2 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I find it strange that an adult SS would be upset over it. Have you asked him why?
    Regardless, it's you and DH's baby, not his. It's your choice in what you name him. If SS has a problem with it, he should be talking to his mom about it. Not taking it out on you, you weren't even around at that time. But you are here now, and that baby will be here soon. Name him what you and DH want. It's not up to SS. And I would be straight up with SS about it. He has no say in what you name this baby, and he just needs to get over it. He has the name he has, and hopefully he has made it his own.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Nothing wrong with it. It's silly that your stepson is an adult and is getting upset about it - if he is upset about not being named after his father, he should take it up with his mother.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Its not wrong of you its perfectly normal but i think you should also take into considerations you SS feelings
    teen_mommy1133

Answer by teen_mommy1133 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It's not wrong at all! But your DH should def talk to the older son about it..see what he is so upset about.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 5:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• As SS is an adult, he should understand. I think it would be different if SS was a child.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2011