Need dinner ideas

So here is my issue. I have chicken, pork chops, and ground beef for the next week....but I get so bored of the same old stuff all the time. I dont get off work until 5 or 530 and dont get home till 6 or later. My husband works from 4-8 at night (although is starting a new job so hopefully he'll work daytime hours). Anyway, the question is, what are some good, cheap, and quick recipes i could make with what I have (even if it means pre-cookingthe meat the night before)? I make chicken stir fry, which DH loves but I'll still have chicken left over.

MommyLee08

Asked by MommyLee08 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Food & Drink

• hamburger helper is a good fast meal. if crock pot can do up chicken, meat loaf, tacos, sloopy joes or manwich is easy and fast, pizza. I do breakfast one night a week since really fast to do up, salad and breadsticks and then add porkchops would be fast, soup and chicken, chicken can be use for chicken helper.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Toss the chicken into a crock pot with cut up white potatoes, carrots, fresh green beans, an envelope of powdered onion soup mix and a can of cream of chicken soup(condensed). Hit the button and go to work. When you come home, you'll have a one dish meal that is to die for!
    anniemom911

Answer by anniemom911 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• WhenI was still working full time (I worked nights) it really helped save time and planning if I spent some time cooking on my day off. I would cook 2-4 meals..then feeze them. All I had to do then was take them out in the morning to the fridge..then heat when I got home. Spaghetti, chili, enchiladas, stews ands soups, Tuna cassarole all workk great for this. Sometimes I would jhust precook hamburger, chicken, sauasage..then refreeze. You just have to find what works for you. On days I didn't use one of the premade meals..the crockpot was mny friend.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Chicken & Dumplings, corn & salad. Chicken & noodles with sweet peas & carrots, Homemade chicken noodle soup with grilled cheese. Hamburger Salisbury steak and brown gravy with mashed potatoes & green beans. Baked herb Chicken with dressing & Salad. Ohh Chicken waffles! We eat lots of chicken...can ya tell. LOL! You can also try google-ing the food network for ideas.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 4:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Chicken waffles???? What is that? Never heard of such a thing.
    MommyLee08

Comment by MommyLee08 (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Chicken & waffles is so good.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 6:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Gladys Knight and Ron Winans Chicken & Waffles in Atlanta is great

SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 6:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Do this the night before and just re-heat.
    Baked Pork Chops over Rice
    1 medium onion, chopped
    2-3 ribs celery, chopped
    1 Tablespoon oil
    2½ cups chicken broth (or 2 ½ cups water+2 Tablespoons chicken base or several
    chicken bouillon cubes.
    1 small can mushrooms
    1 cup rice
    4 pork chops
    Sauté onion & celery in oil. Place rice in greased 2 qt. baking dish. Empty mushrooms and the liquid over rice. Spread sautéed vegetables over rice. Brown pork chops in same pan used for vegetables. Meanwhile, heat water in small saucepan and add base, or substitute chicken broth for water & bases. Place pork chops over rice. Pour boiling broth over all.
    Cover pan with foil. Bake at 350 for 30-45 min or till rice and meat are tender. Also good made with chicken.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 6:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011