Whats happening in Egypt?

I see the images but have not read anything on what is actually happening. Any cliff notes available other than lengthy articles?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• everything has been shut off. cell phones, internet, all communication. people are rioting against the government
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• They are rioting against the government backed by Muslim brotherhood who wants to step in and make their lives considerably worse.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I heard the museum was looted! many artifacts from the pyramids have been damaged; thankfully nothing was stolen
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Muslim Brotherhood is a strong arm highly supported by the radical regime in Iran.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• – collapse

Try to get into the classroom to help out.

Maybe you can learn what you chose not to when you were a child. Gee!

One day your child's education will surpass yours, but your child will be at a disadvantage and will be held back because you aren't able to help them to get ahead.

ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 3:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Can you even imagine if our internet was shut down? Thats amazing and is possible everywhere
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• ironkitten..what are you talking about?

I work everyday and when I come home I rarely watch news if I do its brief passages of whats going on. I know about the protesting, looting, fires and no communication but I wanted to know the reason for the protest and what sparked it.

I am currently working on my masters and as I mother I would hope my daughters education surpasses mine. Any mother wants the best for her child and I want my daughter to do better than me even if I am doing very good I want her to surpass that times a million.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I am hoping that ironkitten was merely making a general statement and not directing it at you or anyone else. I think it is good that a conversation is started on this situation. We all can learn and gain from it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• As far as I know the general populous is rioting against the government- the "president" has been in power for 30 years and they're sick of the way he's running the country. The Muslim Brotherhood isn't backing anyone- they didn't jump in until after the riots started. They're not even an organized group, they're simply an organization with no real structure. (Although they have been trying to organize the riots into more coherent groups.) The riots in Egypt have sparked more in Jordan as well as Iran.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• They are rioting against the current regime and want get rid of president Mubarak because he is considered a dictator.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2011