How can I reward my 9 year old for being so helpful with her baby sister?

summerbear

Asked by summerbear at 3:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have a special day once a week where you spend time with just her. It doesn't have to be the whole day, maybe just a lunch and a movie, or take her rollerskating, just do something that she likes to do, with no interruptions from baby. Tell her you really appreciate her help, and you appreciate her understanding when the baby takes attention away from her.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My kids are young and my son has ADHD. He is real handful, but there is a 10 year old at church who is kind and patient with him. She is awesome with all my kids, but particularly him. I am thinking about getting her a gift certificate for a mani/pedi. I'm not sure this is something she is in to, so I will ask her mom. But the thing is, she does not have to be so helpful, kind, and caring. It is my way of saying thanks.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 3:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I agree with mamaAlice. Maybe set aside some special time with just her to show her how much you appreciate her. Lunch, movie, pedicures perhaps, if you guys are into things like that?
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 3:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i agree with mama alice for a special day out just you or even her and her dad. It does not have to be something bought just something to show her she is special for helping out.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Awesome answer MamaAlice54...i totally agree
    hoping73

Answer by hoping73 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• date with your kiddo is the best my kids love it we goto lunch or dinner, maybe a movie or to a store and justtalk..time with you is the best reward
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• a kid doesn't need a reward for being nice
    Anonymous