Please explain? how these people profess to support our soldiers and want to pull this crap on them by cutting their benefits.

. http://inyourfaceradio.net/?p=3408

Bachmann Proposes Cutting Veterans Benefits

inyourfaceradio.net

In the middle of two wars Tea Party leader Michele Bachmann has proposed cuts in veterans spending in order to reduce the deficit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• They don't want the budget to cut into their retirement benefits!
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 3:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• This guy makes me sick! Our military already don't really get what they deserve for all they do and now he wants to take more from them. What a dick.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Thats horrible
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Michele Bachman is a woman
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• This is Michele Bachmann's proposal! You know, the teaparty Queen!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I have no idea it is a little crazy, but yes they do not get a lot like they should. My husband work so many hours and he is very nervous now cause he might not get much back from taxes.
    Lucky120

Answer by Lucky120 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Sorry excuse me what a B****.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I do not support or oppose this, but I think that the disability pay in the military needs to be revamped. I review credi apps for many retired military and more often than not the retired military get some sort of disability pay. It is much easier to get than social security disability or private disability.
    Anonymous

• They profess support as in "thanks for doing it because I dont have to". I
    Anonymous

• I have not looked into this proposal...but believe it or not I am in favor of cutting and revamping. I'll explain.

We need to change the benefits we give to new members. We can no longer afford to pay for all of their health benefits if they retire from the military.

VA medical needs to merge with Tricare...it would be more cost effective and the care in the end would be better...this would be a cut.
    My father served 2 years in the Navy and it wasn't during war time. He now uses the VA hospital and clinic....no way he earned this! How many others are we providing this for?

IMO, any social program can be cut and if done properly will not hurt the proper beneficiary.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2011