Root canal..anyone>?

what was/were your experience. I am scheduled for tomorrow and scared. I imagined it being like getting a filling but was told by my cousin that she was sore and swollen the next day.

im scared :(

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Health

• It's just annoying because you have to have your mouth open for a very long period of time and it gets dried. The worse of it is the needle in my opinion. I had mine done over 6 years ago so the process may have changed.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• it will be sore and swollen but they will give you meds for that... it's really not so bad they will numb your mouth so you really wont feel a thing when it's being done.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 3:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I have had 9 of them. Genetics are hell!

Mommy_of_two nailed it. Just take some tylenol right after and you will be fine. (the numbing stuff wearing off can be the worst part of it next to the needle)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• How long will I be swollen?
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• How long will I be in pain as well?
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• The pain and the discomfort of the root canal can vary. Two of the big variables is the condition of the tooth and the ability of your endodontist.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2011