Another could I be pregnant Question, I swear I'm not a troll though!

Asking anon because I'm kinda embarrasses as I know these kids of questions are the laughing stock of CM, BUT....... I am on the pill, I haven't missed or been late on any, my period has been 3-4 days late for the past 5 months however, now it is over a week late and I still haven't gotten it. I am sure it is just my birth control and I'm not pregnant but it is still hard not to think, what if. I don't want to waste money on pregnancy tests all the time if it's just the way my body/this birth control is, plus loading up all the kids and drive an hour to wal mart is a pain too. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'd wait another week and see if it shows up. If not, then maybe it's time for the test.
    Anonymous

• The only way to find out is to take a test. I got pregnant off the pill and I never missed one or was late either.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• BC isn't 100% fail-proof. If you don't get it within a week, take a test and if it's negative, you should have your doctor re-evaluate your BC.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Won't my birth control prevent me from getting it not that I'm part the sugar pills?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

What??

BC isn't 100%
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Pills are only about 98% preventative. So, no they won't totally prevent you from getting pregnant.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• take a test....
    Anonymous

• No I mean if I'm not pregnant won't the hormone in my bc prevent my period from coming until next month?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• OH! It could but Since you have the sugar reminder pills, it should make your body shed the uterine lining even if you have already started the next batch of pills.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

OHHH, It's depending on the pill. I had my period every month while I was on the pill. Some pills will stop periods and some you still have your period.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2011