One year old (getting off milk)

Okay here is the deal my one year old wakes up like maybe three times a night wanting milk. is that good or bad? He can cry for hours on in and I don't know how to just get him to sleep through the whole night. I don't mind him waking up at least once, but three seems too much. So we started mixing the milk with water instead. what is another method that yall may use? We still have not mastered the cup situation either.

Lucky120

Asked by Lucky120 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give him a good bedtime snack (something with fiber & protein) so he doesn't wake up hungry. Also, don't give in if he does wake up - give him a sippy of water. Take away the bottle completely - he WILL get the hang of the sippy.
    Anonymous

• he doesn't need it at all..its just a habit. you can slowly add water till milk is gone....He will not be happy so you will have to deal with that. We did this with our oldest and it was a nighmare.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I agree give him water instead
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• That can rot his teeth.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2011