If you were President for 1 month, what would you try to get accomplished?

Try to be as realistic as possible.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• If I had free reign for a month every politican on captial hill would take a HUGE paycut.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Oh wow, where to begin... The state things are in, I don't think one month would be reasonable lol... Maybe fire everyone in congress, senate etc and start fresh.. No $100,000 incomes plus extras would be a start...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Everyone makes equal wages that eliminates the terms rich and poor. (Yeah I know not realistic)
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• fantastic question, OP!!!!!!!!!

Having only a month I'd choose not to touch the war stuff, although it'd be nice if all deployed troops could be temporarily replaced w/ reserves to get a break, counseling, and family time

I think I would dedicate alot of my energy to jobs and homeless. I'd set up some kind of mass triage in major cities where the homeless could come and be screened for felonies and if they were safe/non violent and not addicted to any chemicals be offered the couch of American volunteers (who would then get a good Samaritan tax break) they'd then have an address, making it possible for them to get food stamps, medical assistance, job placement training, and so on
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Hibbingmom, you're heart's in the right place but reservists are spending their fair share of time over there as well. :o)

I'd revamp the entire defense budget and cut as much of the wasteful privitization spending out as possible. There's no need to pay civilian companies millions of dollars a year for a job servicemembers can do just as well, sometimes even better, and without writing in their own paychecks after the budget's been passed.

I'd also lower the pay of all representitives to that of an E5 in the military and freeze it; as well as get rid of the comp'ed meals, flights and whatever else. They say it's good enough for all who serve, we'll let it be good enough for them for awhile (since they're serving too after all) and see how they can make due.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 5:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I would request that the Congress make legislation that I would sign that ended Executive orders that really should be in the realm of the Legislative Branch, draft rules that eliminated a counsel of czars instead of the Cabinet, made ear-marks illegal, any bill had to deal with one issue at a time and can't be longer than the Constitution, returned the use of 'recess appointments' to the situation pointed to in the Constitution, and make it a law that the president has to undergo an intensive course on the Constitution, the branches of gov't, and the separation of those branches during the transition time between the election and the inauguration.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• World peace! lol Thank you , thank you very much
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 5:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2011