early and unusually short period, but too heavy to be considered implantation bleeding

I've had a normal healthy period for 12 years. I have two small children. After the birth of my first child, I breastfed and formula fed and my period fell right on track within two months. I had a second child whom was breastfed and formula fed, but i did not get my period until I started weening him from b/f. I've had 4 regular periods since, until this month.
My partner and I had unprotected intercourse and the next day I got my period. My period started out normal and got pretty heavy, then it just died away. It only lasted about 2-2 1/2 days which is completely out of the norm. My period always last 5-6 days, starting out normal then getting heavier, then tapering off.
I'm not as stressed as I've been in the past and stress has never affected my period before.
Is it possible that somehow the day before my period, I concieved?

I also had sharp pains deep in the right side of my pelvis, I dont know if it was the right side of my cervix..or tissue. It almost felt like a charley horse there.it was worse when i walked

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• im currently preg with #2 and i concieved 2 days before i started my period. it only lasted 3days and i usually have it the full 7. so yes its possible you could be preg.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Is it possible to be pregnant even with a normal period thats shorter than usual, but not lighter than usual?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• You could have a ruptured ovarian cyst, endometreosis, or a cajillion other medical conditions that have the same symptoms.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• yea mine started out normal. i didn't think anything of it at the time, then a couple weeks later i started feeling sick, lightheaded, exactly how i felt when i was preg with my son. it was totally unexpected.
    its possible, you had unprotected sex. i would wait until your next period and if you still think you could be preg, take a test.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I'm ruling out endometriosis as the cramps aren't that bad and this is my first experience like this, secondly i have two kids, easily concieved and if i'm not mistaking woman with endometriosis have a hard time concieving. I did consider a cist.
    I'm also very very moody...so that leads me to believe that my hormones are a bit out of whack
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My SIL has endometreosis and has 4 kids.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:45 AM on Jan. 31, 2011