Childs hair turn black over night?

MY friends son has dirty blonde hair, well she said she woke up this morning and it was black, when i went over to look at him it was black! now i know kids hair changes but over night? has anyone heard of this or know waht would cause it?

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Hmmm.....Did they dye it as some sort of joke? I have never heard of it other than in that mmm mmm mmm song.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 4:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• no i dont think it was a joke she was pretty freaked out by it said she was gonna take him to the doc, plus i dont think shes dye his hair hes only 3 years old
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Hasn't happen to my children but something similar happen to me. I was a dirty blond then after I got pregnant it went dark brown in a matter of a month.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I don't believe hair can change color once it has grown. It can certainly grow in a different color, but not change what is there already. I think the boy dyed his hair overnight and mom didn't know.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My daughter was born with black hair. It fell out and turn blonde.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I've never heard of that, usually a baby loses their hair and it may change color, or the roots start growing in a different color, but the hair that is already there.....I don't see how it could change color without dye.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• very odd, as it was overnight and hair that is already grown out could not be effected by something he just ate or drank, it would only happen to the regrowth. I'm very curious to know the answer too. Perhaps he got into something he should not have . :(
    two_girls

Answer by two_girls at 2:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Out too much in the sun.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 11:46 PM on May. 31, 2011