Is this normal??

So, I'm 10 weeks pregnant, heard the babys heart beat and seen it, but in the past week i've been spotting, its very light pink, and i notice it whenever i go to pee. Its not all the time, or much at all, but it still worries me, i called my doctor and she said it was alright as long as i didnt have persistant heavy bleeding along with cramps, has anyone ever had this happen during their pregnancy?? I'm worried to death!

AshleyMarie93

Asked by AshleyMarie93 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• some women experience this, its perfectly normal. nothing to worry about unless it turns into heavy bleeding and you have cramps along with it.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Yup. Especially if you're being intimate... your cervix is what is called 'friable' by doctors --meaning it is easy to scratch and will bleed at the slightest bump or movement. Even vigorous exercise (which is good for you, so don't stop on account of this) can do it. It will pass.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It's completely fine. Your doctor is correct.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i had that when i as pregnant with my first daughter and i went in and it turned out to be a bladder infection, didnt even know other than the spotting.
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i haven't but i don't know it may happen in this pregnancy but i to hear it's normal too.. and if your not cramping and having heavy bleeding then you'll have nothing to worry about.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Thank you so much, I was bawling crying when i first seen it, i thought something was wrong..Thanks!
    AshleyMarie93

Comment by AshleyMarie93 (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i didn't experience this, but I've heard that this could happen if your cervix gets bumped or if you have an infection of some kind
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 4:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• UTI's can cause slight bleeding.. intercourse can cause slight bleeding.. I am full on spotting the whole pregnancy my doc checked everything and the baby is fine.. with my son I had full menses throughout the pregnancy.. deep breaths and stay calm. Next check up your doc will make sure things are okay.. if the colour changes or the amount call your doctor back and inform them.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 4:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2011