Why does he act like Im getting away with something here?

My ex takes the kids every other weekend overnight from Saturday to Sunday. He attends our church and dd usually goes to teen service after adult service. Yes, I go back to church an hour and half later to pick her up. He started complaining about having to do this the last time around, like Im getting away with something cause Im not picking her up and taking her back to his house. He lives a mile from church and I live half a mile, But still, this is his weekend. Then he told me he will be bringing the kids home at 3pm. Fine, bring them home. Its just sad that this is how he views his own children, like he cant go out of his way to be bothered or spend at least a 24 hour period with them without feeling taken advantage of.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I never understand that attitude. Sure, divorce the wife, but really --act like you haven't divorced the kids, at least.

LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I'm confused. Are you picking them up before it's time too?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I feel very badly for your children. They must see how he behaves.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• you know what else is amazing Linda, is how hard he fought in court for his visitation rights. He spent hundreds of dollars setting it all up and now he doesnt even want to spend the time with them. so frustrating!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Well if he doesn't want to do it then he can tell her she can't go to the service when with him and deal with it. There is no reason why she can't go when she is with you and not go when with him. My ex and I lived 45 minutes from the church that his children attended with him and his ex and while she let them do extra stuff after church and went back to get them because she only lived 5 minutes away we did not allow them to because it was ridiculous for us to drive back and forth to get them. It is very sad that some sperm donors see their children as inconveniences, but that is just the way it is sometimes.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• They are jerks thnk of the kids not the spouse, go lay with your gf smoke cig drink hang out all night with your friends
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011