How many of you got a lot of use out of your glider?

I'm contemplating whether to get one. I will be breastfeeding so I think it will come in handy. Any advice?

Kelli1012

Asked by Kelli1012 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Not sure, I do see a lot of them at second hand stores and such! I actually bought mine from a children's resale shop. It was in great condition. I only sit it in when I read though.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• We got ours when I was preggers for our 1st 8 1/2 yrs ago...3 kids later (our youngest is 2) we still need it to rock! I say it is a must!!!!!!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• We got TONS of use out of ours. My sister-in-law got it for us when we found out we were pregnant. It was the most comfortable place in the house for me while pregnant and after our baby was born we moved it into her room,used it with our second child too. When they woke in the night we would use it, then after it went back into the living room and we still use it. I think its better than a regular recliner, ours reclines, rocks, swivles and has a matching otoman and its so comfortable.
    Jwick

Answer by Jwick at 4:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I had rocking chairs. I loved my rocking chairs. We didn't do the glider because my grandmother gave me my great grandmother's (I named after her) rocking chair.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• we have an old one that i thought would work fine and i thought we wouldnt use it much! i was VERY wrong!! we use it to breast feed her, to read stories, to rock her to sleep sometimes! i sit in it while she plays in her bed room!! love it!! but i wish i had bought a nice big comfy one with the ottoman! next time around my hubby says he is buying a good rocker!!! lol it will b just our luck the next one would hate it! lol!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i got one at my baby shower and have yet to use it. and my DD is 6 months now. i doubt ill ever use it. ill probably end up letting DH have it for his man cave.
    Shortma197

Answer by Shortma197 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011