Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

good lawyer name petifile

so we found out where the mother of my SO son lives her car was parked infront of the home and the number to the house we walk to the front and see a paper that says ((NO CHILD UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ALLOWED WITH OUT PARENTAL SUPERVISION REGISTERED SEX AFFENDER RESIDES HERE)) i asked him did you know this he said i suspected but when i confronted her she vanished .SO now we want a lawyer and full custody .So what do we can a lawyer that specializes with these cases .for a year 1/2 he has paid child support and health insurance .but because he did not have her address he was not granted visitation .

Answer Question

Asked by hush84 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 9 (359 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • I would be calling CPS saying she has a child near a sex offender

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

  • Would they really have it on the door like that?

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

  • Would they really have it on the door like that?

    Answer by Anonymous

    I was wondering about that myself. I didn't know they did that.

    Answer by TARARENEE at 5:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

  • Thanks just scary to think about.

    Answer by AshleyMarie93 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

  • yes in i was shocked as well here they not only must have it on the door but they must introduce them selfs to the neghibors once they move in a new neighberhood i dug even more deeper and asked my SO the name of the guy she was dating just before she vanished and i found that man in megans law public search

    Comment by hush84 (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

  • I have NEVER seen anyone put a paper on a door saying they were a sex offender. That's pretty strange. Not to mention, they can't do that. Did you look up the address on Megans Law?

    You would have to prove all of what you are saying to a judge. I would make sure you have ALL your facts straight so you don't look like the fool in all this. YOu can't even prove that her child was with her at the time, even if the person is a known sex offender.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

  • We posted the same time! Good, at least you checked for sure.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

  • well Regardless on this case My SO was Banned his right to see his child becuase of her fear to the question for wich she was confronted with and the sad part is that my SO still says she vanished because she was scared of me taking the kids and yes i would have but what she did in her personal life was her bussiness what she exposed my kids to was mine dating him was one thing but living with him was another I would rather her have visits because i think she is just caught up with the wrong people and maybe this action can awaken her to see things better So any one know what they call these kind of lawyers

    Comment by hush84 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

  • See if legal Aid can help.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting

Next question overall (Entertainment)
Live kid shows