is it true????

is it true when ur preg u cant have tea or hotdogs???

MOMMY2BNOV21

Asked by MOMMY2BNOV21 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• So far as the tea thing goes, you've got to be careful what kind of herbs are in it. Something like Sleepy Time Tea is fine. Just ask your doctor/midwife for her list of no-nos. Hotdogs... no one should eat hotdogs, but we all do. This is my third pregnancy and have never had issues eating hotdogs. The only fear with those (besides all the lovely chemicals and preservatives) is the risk of listeria, which is a bacteria that can be found on some deli meats. Once again, just check it out with your care provider.
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 7:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Of course u CAN!...I eat hot dogs most of the times....What u not supposed to eat is fish or canned tuna it contains to much mercury!
    EvaMaria18

Answer by EvaMaria18 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Er, small correction on EvaMaria18's answer: you can eat canned tuna. Just avoid the white albacore tuna, which may contain high levels of mercury. And fresh fish is fine, depending on where it's caught. Fish/fish oil is actually a very good thing to consume while pregnant. Full of great Omega 3 fatty acids.
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 7:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• You're not supposed to eat hot dogs because of the nitrate content, however I eat all natural all beef franks that contain no nitrates.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• If were not supposed to eat them while preggo, why do soo many of us feed them to our toddlers? mamapyratekk and I agree on all beef and all natural hotdogs though. Hebrew national are great
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• ooopps...if that is the case I would have been in trouble long ago. I love tea and hot dogs...lol
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• yes that's true.. and also deli meat... i learned that the day after i made a huge hogi sandwich lol...
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 9:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I agree with Ambreelulu...I've heard that hotdogs and deli meat should be heated to "steaming hot" before consuming them at all, especially when you're pregnant. I'm not sure about the other reasons, but if you drink tea, watch your caffiene intake. The jury is still out on what level is safe, but they say high levels increase your risk of miscarriage.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• tea has a chemical that keep you from absorbing iron, hotdogs i heard not if they aren't cooked
    kenedygrace06

Answer by kenedygrace06 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• make sure that the hotdogs are cooked, and as for the tea u dont want any herbal teas (they dont know what kind are ok for pregnancy) and new studies show that green tea isnt good either (blocks the absorbtion of folic acid) so just stick with black tea.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2008