Can anyone help? Any ideas?

I have a 4 yeal old a 2 year old and a 7 week old. And we as a family need some kind of routine. I am a stay at home mom and my 2 oldest childern do not attend school yet. My 4 year olds birthday came late so she will start this year. With the new baby what little routine we have is gone. At night its crazy we eat late it takes us almost and hour and a half to do baths and bedtime haaaa does that even exist? I get Jakob my 7 week old to bed at 10 and my 4 year old and 2 year old just will not pass out at 3 when they finally fall asleep jakob is up and it just repeats itself. Please help me come up with some kind of routine my bags under my eyes have bags. This mommy needs to organize her time. We need help im ready to start a new routine asap.

piorkowski

Asked by piorkowski at 5:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Set a bedtime, the older ones can read (or look at books) in bed until they fall asleep. My dd's doctor said it is fine to let them watch a movie in bed while they fall asleep
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• is it possible you could get your 4 & 2 y/o into a preschool of some kind. Maybe just a Tuesday & Thursday program?

Baths are exhausting, create a ton of extra laundry, etc. Esp in the winter w/ skin being so dry unless a kid is filthy/smelly a nightly bath is just a complete waste of your effort.

you poor mama:(
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Okay....you wake them up in the morning at the same time. Breakfast, dress, and have some fun with everyone. Lunch, nap or quiet time, a little play time while you start dinner. Dinner at a "normal time", then bath the kids together....at this age that saves time and is okay. Read a book, and then to bed. Routine!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• What time does everyone get up in the morning? Honey, you are wearing yourself out putting out fires after they've been set. You need to be pro-active. If you don't have a plan, the result is chaos. Oh, I see you already found that out! Sit down and write out a schedule that you would like to see kept. Keep in mind, that when your 4 year old starts school, she will have to be in bed by a certain time so you can get her up in the morning to go. So start with that schedule. Get the kids up at 7a.m., have breakfast done and out of the way by 7:45 with the kids dressed and ready for the day by 8a.m. Plan a mid-morning snack at about 10, graham crackers and juice, or some fruit something to keep them going until lunch at noon. Think ahead a little Mom, have the kids down for a nap at 1 pm,, a snack when they wake up at 3 p.m., and while they are down, start dinner. Again, plan ahead. Have dinner at 5:30, try to be done by
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• 6 or 6:15. Have them help clear the table, and clean up after dinner. Then head them to the tub, have them out and dressed for bed at 7:30, read your stories, do all the bedtime stuff and by 8 p;m. they should be in their beds. Like the other Mama said, have them read or watch a movie until they fall asleep. I haven't fit the baby into this schedule, because it's a given that you can't really plan on when the baby is going to do what, or need to be fed! Just fit her in around everything else. Honey, I know it's overwhelming, but you will feel much better once you have a map of your day in front of you. Put it on your fridge, and every time you start to get off schedule, get right back on! You will find that you plan things around nap-time, dinner time, lunch time, etc. You can take the snacks with you if you are going to be gone at snack time. Try it and let me know how it works Mama.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2011