My hubby wants to move near family....

I looked up where he wants to live and it has over 1000 sex offenders within a few miles of the address. I looked at most of the ones that is in the neighborhood and most of them are forcible sex on children... I would say 90% of them were things on children. I expressed my concern and he acts like I am crazy. He says I am worried to much but a lot of the convictions were done the past 5 years. I would scared to even walk outside with my children now. I never seen so many in such a small are and I though that area was always a safe area. What can I do to convince him we can't move in that area? He is dead set on it. We would pretty much have child molesters and rapist every where we turn..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Be firm with him and point blank tell him that you are not putting your kids at risk. Tell him the dangers sex offenders reoffend all the time they can not be rehabilitated. Often states pay cities to place them in certain types of neighborhoods. These crepes low lifes scum of the earth get their homes paid for and they usually stay in jail for 4 years at the most for ruining kids for ever and they usually get out early! If you move in that you will be prisoners in your home your poor kids will not know what outside is,you wont be able to let them even stand atthe bus stop. I am sorry I would not leave with my husband if he could not think of his kids safety
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• sit down and try to talk to him and let him know he has to think bout the saftey of the kids and the family if its not a safe area then i wouldnt want to move there either
    Jocelynn18

Answer by Jocelynn18 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• see if there are organizations you can get ahold of that would give you info to help present your case to him.
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 5:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i see your point. i would feel the same way. have a talk with him or maybe you could list pros and cons and he does the same , maybe then u both could come to a middle ground. he does not have to move as close to family as he would like ,how about a couple towns away where visiting would be easier but far enough away from the creeps where u can have some peace of mind.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2011