I'm having a problem. My mom has never been supportive of me when I've been pregnant with my children. But after they were born I still let my older two spend every Friday night with her(we have 3 children). Now the third one is here and she was very, very hateful toward me when I was pregnant. Now she wants me to let the little one start spending the night soon. My husband and I don't think it's a good idea. My question is how do I tell her without hurting her too much?

She's the type of person who always takes things out of context and doesn't like to let anyone explain things to her without taking everything personal. She'll think I'm punishing her but at the same time my children always behave worse when they are with her and to me thaey are disrespectful but she doesn't think so.

shaharv

Asked by shaharv at 5:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Just tell her when the baby is a little older.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• you can wait until the baby is older, but you cannot send the other two and keep the baby away. It is not right for the children. Why do you want to do this now?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Yes just say that the baby is too young
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2011