Nauseous, what do you do for it?

I am in my second trimester and still get sick at the drop of a hat. Right now I am fighting to hold down my meds.. cause I had to eat with them and food and me are not mixing well.. I am on zofram.. but still that doesn't work as well as I need.

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 5:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• you need zofran dissolvables. they're berry flavored granules that dissolve instantly and work faster, plus then there's no pill to possibly puke up. they're much more efficient
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• They have those?? Oh soo need to ask my doctor about them.
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• oh yes :) I fell in love with them during my last pregnancy and now still take them for my headache related nausea. I personally find the "berry" taste very offensive but luckily they can be mixed w/ applesauce. They're loosely formed like a pill but the minute you get it in your mouth it melts away. Insurance can challenge it sometimes (somewhat pricey) but most OBs will have samples readily available because all the hyperemesis Moms need them. Also since you've already tried it in pill form and it's not cutting it for you.

Another option (pill form) is Reglan but I cannot personally recommend it as it was not pleasant for me. I'd imagine its a real life saver for plenty of people
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• ice cubes or popsicles work for me.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• papaya enzyme (without pineapple)
    chamomile tea

Answer by rkoloms at 8:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My ob says many of the herbs used for teas, when taken in large or medicinal amounts, can potentially stimulate the uterus and induce miscarriage. These include anise, catnip, chamomile, comfrey, ephedra (called ma huang in traditional Chinese medicine), European mistletoe, hibiscus, horehound, Labrador, lemongrass, licorice root, mugwort, pennyroyal, raspberry leaf, rosemary, sage, sassafras, stinging nettle leaf, vetiver, and yarrow.

He linked me to an article.. I would be wary of Chamomile..
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I took dissolvable Zofran and finnegan . Also ginger ale helped me as well as peppermints
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Eat some salt it worked for me r tryin eatin sum crackers b4 meal. Just a lil salt in the palm of your hand lick it and the proceed to eat. hope it work for u let me know had moring&evening sickness for 4 months.
    mrssamartin

Answer by mrssamartin at 4:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2011