How do I stop from being a doormat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• But your lips together in a circle, and say "NO" Practice in the mirror. Practice makes perfect.

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 12:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Being a doormat isn't going to make people like you but do the exact opposite, use you because they know you will say yes & feel bad if you tell them no .................You really just need to say no your living your life for you not to make everyone else happy or their world easier my husband had the same problem............not no more ;) good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• BE A BITCH .. WORKS FOR ME
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Pick yourself up and dust yourself off and then say NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Stand up and take off the shirt that says "welcome."
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Well, maybe start with not being concerned with what anyone may think or say; If you are self conscious and worry about what others will say, you'll be stuck being the doormat forever.
    Mrs.Corona1

Answer by Mrs.Corona1 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Start being a bitch. People are going to hate you for it. I switched from being the doormat to the bitch and people noticed. People were pissed that I wasn't going to take their shit anymore. They were so used to getting what they wanted from me, when I finally set some boundaries I got a lot of grief for it. So I told people straight out that it wasn't working for me and I shouldn't have to burden myself for others. It takes a lot of balls but it is so worth it. People respect me now. Surprisingly it is family that takes advantage the most and they are the ones who are the hardest to change their attitudes. Good luck!!!
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 2:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2008