How can I lose weight, when I need to eat to keep my bp in check?

For the past 3 months or so I've been getting super low blood pressure,
86/48 at lowest.. Anyways I discovered when I eat, it raises it for awhile,(an hour tops) So I've been eating everything and gained nearly 15 pounds in one month! I am already overweight,. so this obviously isnt a good thing. but I need to eat to keep my blood pressure up, because when its low, I cant think straight at all, and almost black out.. So what are some SMALL things I can eat that will increase bp, without gaining more weight? --i drink tons of water, and it doesnt help at all, and add salt to everything-

Alexis82

Asked by Alexis82 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Health

• Have you seen the Dr? Are you on any medication? What kind of things do you eat?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I think paying attention to what you're eating would be the key.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 5:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I know you want answers but you need to see your Dr.. They do have medications that can get your BP a little higher than what it is. Automatic BP machine will save X amount of reading so you can show your dr the number of times it is low. You can also keep a daily journal with dates and times to help them figure this out..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• You need to talk to your doctor.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Ask your doctor for a referral to a nutritionist

Answer by rkoloms at 6:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• That doesn't sound right. You shouldn't have to eat all the time to not have a love BP. Talk to your doctor/nutritionist ASAP. Your body shouldn't NEED stimulation from your stomach/intestines to keep the BP up.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 2:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• u could have low iron. have your dr check your iron levels. if they are low u can take iron pills. i have to take iron pills. just cant take them with milk or any dairy. cus the dairy will absorb it and your body wont.
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2011