If you don't work out/if you do..

If you don't, why?
If you do, what's your favorite thing about it?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• we had a gym membership for awhile. it had a free daycare in it so there was no excuse there. but when hubby got home from work (at the time he was a mechanic) and we ate, cleaned up, looked over the mail, discussed a few daily events, got the ipods and gathered, etc etc it was so close to bedtime for the kids it seemed pointless.

Now my working out is chasing the kids, walking a 1/2 mile getting son from the bus, going sledding, out. hubby is about the same, less though since he works a desk job now
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• right now I don't because my DD has been sick for a while and she is home with me every day. I need to start working out again because it really helped me with stress.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I don't because I'm not supposed to because of my heart.
    But I'm starting to because I'm sick of being fat. I don't do much, but what little I'm doing is already having a decent impact.
    Anonymous

• I do! 5 days a week, my favorite thing is the way feel right after and during the rest of the day, I can conquer the world! Also they way I look is favorite too.

Answer by older at 5:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I do Krav maga and I walk all day I carry about fifty extra pounds with my back pack and I also walk a couple miles everyday to the bus stop and back. so that and weight lifting.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i do exercise. it relieves stress big time, it makes me feel very confident while doing it and for the rest of the day. i looked up that good feeling after working out and i found out the brain releases "feel good chemicals" into the blood stream... that explains the confidence and stress relief. it also makes me feel less tired- - i overdo it sometimes and my muscles get a bit achy but;; i am not "tired" i actually feel very alert in the brain.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I don't. I'll be honest, I just don't feel like it. I've been lucky enough to really never need to though, although that may bite me in the ass someday. At age 30, I'm still good. My Dr gave me a premier bill of health a few months back too.  I AM very active during warm weather months though (walks-roller blading-swimming), so it's not like I sit on my ass all day. It's winter, so I am a bit more lazy.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I work out 5 days a week. I love how I feel, how I look (I've lost 46 lbs so far), I love having energy, keeping up with my 2 year old, who recognizes when I'm going to the gym or for a run, I love the compliments, I love being healthier, I love having fewer aches and pains, I love telling people what I've accomplished, I love the endorphin kick, I love making exercise fun, I love making exercise a family affair, even if that only means having my son with me on my bike in his seat... What's not to love? I also have less depression, less knee pain (even with the running), I almost fit into "normal people" clothes again... Yes, exercise (combined with a proper diet) is awesome!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I wish I could. I was in an accident and I dont have much mobility. I need to find something because of the weight gain
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I work out everyday. I do it because it makes me feel good and it's my "me" time.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011