How long does it take for your hair to stop falling out after you give birth? Its been four months!!

Mrs.Corona1

Asked by Mrs.Corona1 at 1:12 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Health

• It can be up to a year. My hair started falling out about 2 months post partum and finally stopped a couple weeks ago (for the majority) and I am almost 7 months post partum. My hair stopped shedding when i was prego, so i think it had to shed what was stockpiled while i was prego ;)
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 1:30 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It varies from woman to woman. My son is ten weeks old, and I really haven't lost that much yet. I've heard it can depend on your vitamins...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Not sure; this never happened to me. Have you spoken to your doc?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It can take up to a year for it to stop. If it is still falling out after a year then you need to see a doctor. My husband had his start falling out after getting real ill and we found out that after a major event (either illness, family death or birth of a baby, etc) it is normal for the body to neglect that hair and that it can start falling out up to a year after that event.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:28 AM on Nov. 15, 2008