Anyone been to a therapist?

Lately I have just been feeling blue. Not depressed and always moping, but just blue. I was thinking about going and seeing a doc, but I am not sure. I feel like after having kids at a younger age that I have lost all my friends. I feel like my husband doesn't understand my problems if I were to talk to him and work hasn't been going so hot. The only thing truly consistant in my life is my unconditional love from my children (who even frustrate me every once in a while). Any advice or have you been in a similar situation?

shanny35

Asked by shanny35 at 1:17 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Health

• your feeling are completely normal - have you considered joing a moms group in your area? You can discuss your feelings with other moms (in person) that feel the same way.
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 1:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• After my divorce I went to two different counselors and they both really helped me. Sometimes it is just nice to have someone to listen, really listen.
    tranquilmom

Answer by tranquilmom at 1:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I know exercise and eating healthy will help too, but I just need to get the motivation and I am thinking maybe that is where talking to someone might help. I don't know I am stumped.
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 1:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• yes, i have been to a therapist and i found it to be extremely helpful. i know exactly how you feel. i only have 1 child but i also feel as if i have lost my friends. its hard to find time to keep those relationships going AFTER you drain yourself from taking care of your fam. guys dont understand a womans need for female companionship nor do they understand the NEED to talk about aything and everything thats going on. i would def talk to someone thats on the outside. its amazing how much it will help. also, just an idea, i sent out a text to all my girlfriends letting them know how lost i felt without them and that even though i had a child i still needed a life. they were very understanding. set aside 2 nights a month (or whatever works for you) and make that time to spend with the girls! good luck and also remember it could just be a case of "the winter blues" cuz ive been feeling it too.
    raisinkane

Answer by raisinkane at 4:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I also see a therapist,I am married,but deal with depression,my family does not understand how and why,I feel like I do,so my therapist is very helpful.You really should give one a try,I think you wil be glad you did.Good luck,and if you need to talk,feel free to pm me.God Bless ya dear
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2008